Monday, March 15, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new

Lately I’ve been noticing something about my yoga practice. My left hip and hamstring are slightly tighter than my right. This is a new development. When I first started yoga, it was always the right. I attribute being tighter on the right to being in a competitive mindset when it came to yoga, or much of anything in my life. I was harder, more agressive, not as kind to myself. It seems things have shifted. I can feel that competitiveness is long gone. It’s not important anymore. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I’ve began to love myself much more deeply and therefore am able to love others that way too. I think the reason I’ve been tighter on the left recently is that this love is so great, so deep, I am not very grounded in it yet. It is overwhelming at times and hard for me to fully accept and be in. Love for myself, love for Josh, love for my students and my friends and sometimes when I’m truly open, every person I meet. So even though I am not grounded in this feeling yet, and it can be unsettling, I’d much rather be in this place. I’d much rather have the ability to love this deeply rather than be back where I was hard, on edge, and in a lot of pain. It’s a good change, and I look forward to seeing where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment