Monday, March 15, 2010

It took about a year

Well hello cyberworld. The blogging portion of my website finally got added and I hope all I’m responsible for is the content of the message here, because I certainly have no idea how to edit the look of my blog page. Hell, today I learned from Josh, my wiz of many things boyfriend, that on my laptop, where my touchpad mouse is located, I can also use the touch pad to scroll up and down a page. I have had this lap top for a 1 1/2 years and I never figured that one out.

So the completion of this blog allows me to reflect on 2008 and what an amazing year it was in many ways. It actually began in September 2007 when I traveled to Italy on a yoga retreat with an awesome organization called yogaHOPE and the even more amazing founder of this organization, Sue and came to the realization that I wanted to quit my job of 5 years and move my life in a new direction – teaching yoga full time. That change began in November 2007. A year and 3 or so months later I’m still here, with a roof over my head, food in my belly and plenty of happiness. It certainly hasn’t been easy but it was the best decision I ever made. It involved wondering how the hell I would survive on a yoga teacher salary and somehow I did – sometimes teaching 20 classes a week if needed and sometimes relying on the help of some very amazing friends. This last year or so has also involved looking at my fears in a very bright light because I have begun to let go of many of the comforts that allowed those fears to stay hidden. Taking a leap as I did has allowed me to believe in myself more than ever and allow my heart to be a little more free, and less scared. This newly given freedom to my own passion allowed me to fall in love with someone and admit that it scares the hell out of me but still committ to being here, and not running away. This last year also saw me realize a dream, traveling to India, and spending 6 amazing weeks exploring a country I will never forget. I arrived back on Jan. 30 and am still processing it all. That’s for another post… Let me finish by saying how blessed I feel when I reflect on all that has been given to me in this last year, and that I wouldn’t trade the ups or the downs of this beautiful life for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment