Monday, March 15, 2010

Stop seeking and receive

Wow, my last post was intense huh? Well, I’m happy to say I’ve definitely moved through some stuff into a place where I’m more grounded and confident and just simply, ok with me. I don’t think those old feelings of being unlovable and not good enough are completely gone (they’ve made their presence known here and there, and sometimes they are REALLY hard to resist) but I’m in a place now where the future is not as big a concern as it was. I used to constantly think about what’s next, having a goal in mind to keep my focus. Now, I’m happy with what is. I’m in the moment more, not striving toward one thing, but receiving blessings. I notice in this new place my mind can act up more from time to time because nothing is happening… or so it seems. The mind wants to seek out constantly instead of trusting that what is meant to come to you, will come. So my mind will get restless, and that’s when those old feelings will come up and I’ll focus on the negative. My lesson when that happens is to stop and remember where I am, what I have, and those thoughts will stop. It doesn’t always work, but more often than not. For example…. today I was in the shower, doing my thing, and I happened to notice something written on the bathroom window, that showed up as the window fogged up. It said “I love you” It brought the biggest smile to my face you can imagine. Josh had told me he’d written it there days ago but I just saw it today… you know why? Because I wasn’t seeking it out. When I seek it out, it doesn’t come. But when I let things be, those words and actions of love, and blessings abound. Truly something to remember as we move into the Holiday season and a time where people tend to expect and seek. How about you let go a little more and just see what gifts you will receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment