Monday, March 15, 2010

Everything in it's right place

Everything in its right place
Two posts in one day? Lord have mercy! I am writing because it simply amazes me how sometimes everything falls right into place for a moment that can last a short while or a long while, but when it does, you are so connected, wide eyed and awake riding that energy. That happened to me today. I usually go to South Boston on Wednesdays with David who is terrific. But it’s a Josh and Me thing and tonight Josh wasn’t able to go. I kept saying I’d go, keep the routine, but something inside me right around 3:30 pm said I wonder who’s teaching the 4pm at Prana, and it was Jacqui. I felt that Jacqui was who I needed to take class with. I show up and it turns out there is no one to do the door/check people in, so since I do it other days during the week, I open up and begin checking people in. Sign one of being in the right place. Then there was Jacqui’s class. Her presence with us, her ability to help us create space, the way I felt physically emotionally spiritually – completely connected. Joyful. At peace. One thing she kept repeating was how we need to walk through our life our practice. She used the example of being in a car and when you ride in a car not paying attention to what passes you by. You walk the same path to get to the same place as in the car and you see so much more. So we walked through our practice, giving attention to everything and anything and that is just what I needed.

I think we all have moments like this whether they are in a yoga class or eating at a certain restaurant, watching a certain movie, meeting a certain person – whatever it is, you can feel it is aligned perfectly. It seems the more present we are to how we are feeling during the day more moments like this can be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment