Monday, March 15, 2010

Being joyful has its perks

It’s a rainy damp day and while I could grumble with the rest of the folks about how awful the weather is, I find myself joyfyul, content, happy. This creating space kick I’ve been on lately has truly opened up the door for me to be more joyful. I find my heart filled up most days and the mind kicks in to question whether this is truly a phase but I smile and tell it to go shed that negativity somewhere else. I think gratitude has started to come into my life and in a big way. Last night I was listening to music in the livingroom and Josh was cooking in the kitchen and one of my favorite Santana songs came on (Samba Para Ti) and he came out and danced with me. And I thought how lucky am I for this moment.

I remember my yoga teachers used to tell me gratitude has the highest vibration and I would say it myself in my classes but I never understood. Perhaps it’s what I’ve seen in India, or what I’ve realized I have here, but I am beginning to get how truly blessed I am. And getting that equates to joy.

I admit I’d like everything to continue to go my way. I think we all want that. But I know it probably won’t. Acceptance of that fact has brought on more joy because I can let go and surrender and create space instead of holding onto things I cannot change. I’m finding the more I enjoy all that I have the less I think about it getting taken away. I would hope that if it ever did and things shifted, I’d be happy for how much I enjoyed the things I had, the people I’ve loved, rather than regretting I never enjoyed what I had or showed those I love how much I care. It’s not easy, but it’s seemed lately the more I fill myself up this way, the more it just starts to spread.

I also credit my recent weekly trips to South Boston Yoga as a big help. David Vendetti is such a playful joyful individual and his classes have caused me to realize that as my own nature. I find myself bringing this playfulness, this joy into my classes more.

I don’t really know what’s ahead. I sometimes wonder if I’m not doing enough. But I know that if I’m aligned with joy I can’t be doing too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment