Friday, August 10, 2012

I step onto my yoga mat in black these days

Going through some stuff as we all do.. Moving Sept 1.. Excited but feeling lost as I realize it's been baby baby baby and my relationships with myself and Josh have been neglected. So connection needs to begin again, with me first. So many emotions, so many thoughts swirling around the best I can do is get on my mat and try to breath and try to put the words into poetry where I first expressed myself at the age of 11. So here goes: I step onto my yoga mat in black these days The color of my clothes reflects the color of the mat I gave you when our souls crossed The color of long days which turn into long nights Lonely endless This mat has become where I practice, where I let myself falter and crumble Under the weight of all the sorrow Until I step off and a blue eyed boy reminds me all is not lost I wear my black converse I wore in 8th grade They make me happy I am reminded of the girl who had spunk and passion Who wore these converse with her white lace dress to her music recital She was bold and daring and all things free When did I lose my passion When did I begin to feel less than And shifted from knowing me to Trying to shape what can’t be wrought as we are all perfect The shoe either fits as if it’s made for you or your toe bumps into the top and gets crushed I never thought I would be where I am I never thought it would be this hard I’m terrible at being ok with not being ok I step onto my yoga mat in black these days

No comments:

Post a Comment