Monday, August 27, 2012

It's ok to be angry

I am quite angry these days. And not at anyone in particular. Just angry. I believe it's deep rooted and has been with me for some time. So I'm sitting in it, doing a pretty good job of not deflecting it, and writing about it. Here's a recent poem: My practice brings up much fear anger and sadness these days Yet I still step onto my mat and breathe The breath encourages me to keep going I sense this fear anger and sadness has been with me for some time It's what prevents me from fully seeing another I feel lately I've never truly looked into your eyes or seen you until now Or seen myself I want to look away but I keep looking The voices in my head quiet a little more My heart beats stronger I notice the sensation of our feet touching under the table while we watch a movie Something is shifting within me Something is shifting around me My relationships with others seem different Even if no words are spoken I try to let silence come For in that lies understanding I'm tired of talking I don't know anything I must trust in everything I'm allowing myself to be angry When perhaps I never allowed myself this feelibg before The allowing will bring happiness Resistance kept me in the dark It feels good to be honest And still be loved

No comments:

Post a Comment